A NEW YEAR set with NEW INTENTIONS

It's been far too long since I've blogged, but vacations are always great to refresh one's incite.

My staying away from the internet was not to retreat from cyber stimulation, but more because I haven't had a computer to access at home since my mac hardware broke down last May. It was also in big part due to some major changes in my social life, which distracted me from networking via the web, while at the same time expanded my networking in real time relations. All good in retrospect.

I am joyfully still a single mom, yoga teacher and healthy lifestyle advocate. I teach yoga and Pilates at two well established locations in the community I live in, and also work at the local Alternative Food Cooperative, where I am the organic produce buyer and educator.

In June my son and I moved from the pasteural seaside village of Matunuck, into the heart of the cool little southern RI town of Wakefield, and we now get to walk and bike to work and to school. All good things.

I met new people via a summer job waitressing, and became enamored with one young fellow and indeed have many new, exciting and different friends. A mix of people full of challenging complications due to their own personal attachments to alcohol, drugs, sex and work. I've seen myself revisit a few old patterns, both painful and joyful.

Yes, I've been happy. That's my nature; it's all of our nature to be happy; it comes from within and is easily accessible when we open our hearts. But through all the new relations I lost focus on my highest intentions for my son and I. Something I remind my students never to forget.

My highest Intention for the new year is to be more professional and mindful while providing for my self and my son. To dream big and aim high, and to put the work in.

Yes, I've been inspired by a new love and friendship; these heartfelt human attachments have made me recognize how important connecting with people is, and how we are all mirrors of each other reflecting our darknesses and light. But I've also recognized that my desire to be in the company of others has fragmented my focus on self and family; distracted by, or addicted to an impossible love. A love I know I need to transform into a flexible friendship, so to move on and grow personally and as a parent. The love will always be there as a respectful friendship, as long as my heart stays honest with what's important to me.

Regardless, recognizing the lessons I've learned through 2011, with no regrets or self-judgement, I am now ready to come back hOMe to my highest self and truest intentions. It's time to refocus on aspirations for growth and prosperity, to live the life I want for my son and I, and to be able to give back to others and explore what the world has to offer.

What is your intention? How do you wish to be in 2012?

Remembering that all you wish to be is already within you; it's truly a matter of putting effort into practice.

Look inside. What do you like about yourself? What do you wish to change? I said in class today, "we need to churn all the parts of who we are, dark and light", so that what rises up from the milky ocean of chaos and dreams is true to who we are and to our highest hopes. Accept the poison that rises up and transform it into something beautiful.

I wish you all success in the fulfillment of your intentions and resolutions. Go to your edge, respect your limitations and always treat yourself with self regard.

Namaste,
Rebecca

Comments

Popular Posts